If you’ve ever tried to get your young childto do something you want, chances are that you’ve been adamantly informed with gestures or words, “No!” As children outgrow babyhood, simple tasks begin to turn into battles. As frustrating as this can be, it helps to understand what’s going on so we can find ways to work with kids instead of against their natural development.
Children are people. They join a life that has pain as part of its curriculum. The more we are at peace with their varied experiences the more they will feel capable of going through them. When feeling worthy, they will actually not feel hurt by words, because they do not doubt their own worth even when someone else does. Can you imagine not being hurt no matter what someone says about you?
- About Nurture
Nurture ~ Australia's Natural Parenting Magazine is your destination for thought-provoking, evidence-based articles on the physical, emotional, intellectual and spiritual elements of child-rearing from a natural parenting perspective.
Nurture is the only printed Australian natural parenting magazine and features comprehensive, informative feature articles on natural parenting, including attachment parenting and conscious parenting, topics and regular columns including:
- Dad’s Corner – interesting tales from a natural parenting father
- Breastfeeding – because it’s not always smooth sailing; plus advice on extended breastfeeding
- Babywearing – because keeping your child close not only feels great but also promotes secure attachment
- Activities for children/families – educational and fun activities to help your child develop and grow, including Montessori and Steiner activities for children
- Organic gardening with children – teach your child the fundamentals of food production and the natural world
- Recipes – baby led weaning, food for families to share, and recipes you can cook with your child
- Reader’s story – an opportunity for readers to voice their personal alternative parenting stories
- Book reviews – informative books on natural parenting, attachment parenting, conscious parenting and educational and spiritual books that may help your child discover their place in the world
Nurture is published quarterly and available from selected newsagents and specialist retailers nationally and via subscription.
We all want to raise healthy, happy children. For a more natural way to raise your child, think Nurture.