According to parent surveys, 20-30% of young children have significant problems going to bed and I think most families deal with some degree of bedtime struggle at one time or another. Resistance to bedtime is a big red flag that your child needs your help.
First and foremost, it is quite normal for toddlers to wake during the night or to need additional comfort to go to sleep. In Western culture we are quick to want babies to sleep during the night. Many parents feel as if they have failed if their toddler is still requiring comfort or needing help to go back to sleep at night time. However, even many adults do not sleep through the night. We wake, toss and turn and hopefully fall back to sleep! Babies and children are no different, although as you may have become aware, some need that addition comfort or reassurance to go back to sleep by themselves.
24 August, 2015 at 18:18
1000 corporate logos....The Discover Forest Organization recently found that the average American Child can recognize more ...
24 August, 2015 at 17:26
When I think of you, I imagine you are just like me. Fiercely protective of your son, but equally as proud of ...
- About Nurture
Nurture ~ Australia's Natural Parenting Magazine is your destination for thought-provoking, evidence-based articles on the physical, emotional, intellectual and spiritual elements of child-rearing from a natural parenting perspective.
Nurture is the only printed Australian natural parenting magazine and features comprehensive, informative feature articles on natural parenting, including attachment parenting and conscious parenting, topics and regular columns including:
- Dad’s Corner – interesting tales from a natural parenting father
- Breastfeeding – because it’s not always smooth sailing; plus advice on extended breastfeeding
- Babywearing – because keeping your child close not only feels great but also promotes secure attachment
- Activities for children/families – educational and fun activities to help your child develop and grow, including Montessori and Steiner activities for children
- Organic gardening with children – teach your child the fundamentals of food production and the natural world
- Recipes – baby led weaning, food for families to share, and recipes you can cook with your child
- Reader’s story – an opportunity for readers to voice their personal alternative parenting stories
- Book reviews – informative books on natural parenting, attachment parenting, conscious parenting and educational and spiritual books that may help your child discover their place in the world
Nurture is published quarterly and available from selected newsagents and specialist retailers nationally and via subscription.
We all want to raise healthy, happy children. For a more natural way to raise your child, think Nurture.