When John W. Travis, MD, lauded as a founding father of the wellness movement in the United States, became a parent, he was shocked to discover how unprepared he was for the emotional challenges of being a dad.
People seem to say that power struggles with children are (a) inevitable and (b) start with the ‘Terrible Twos’. But what if we could end power struggles by implementing problem solving skills instead? Bonnie Harris illustrates how probem solving skills can change your relationship for the better.
21 May, 2015 at 14:04
Every parent knows about the week day grind of packing a healthy lunch box that ticks all the right boxes – nutritionally balanced, tasty enough to ...
- About Nurture
Nurture ~ Australia's Natural Parenting Magazine is your destination for thought-provoking, evidence-based articles on the physical, emotional, intellectual and spiritual elements of child-rearing from a natural parenting perspective.
Nurture is the only printed Australian natural parenting magazine and features comprehensive, informative feature articles on natural parenting, including attachment parenting and conscious parenting, topics and regular columns including:
- Dad’s Corner – interesting tales from a natural parenting father
- Breastfeeding – because it’s not always smooth sailing; plus advice on extended breastfeeding
- Babywearing – because keeping your child close not only feels great but also promotes secure attachment
- Activities for children/families – educational and fun activities to help your child develop and grow, including Montessori and Steiner activities for children
- Organic gardening with children – teach your child the fundamentals of food production and the natural world
- Recipes – baby led weaning, food for families to share, and recipes you can cook with your child
- Reader’s story – an opportunity for readers to voice their personal alternative parenting stories
- Book reviews – informative books on natural parenting, attachment parenting, conscious parenting and educational and spiritual books that may help your child discover their place in the world
Nurture is published quarterly and available from selected newsagents and specialist retailers nationally and via subscription.
We all want to raise healthy, happy children. For a more natural way to raise your child, think Nurture.